uninstalling 2 copies of XP Pro

ALAN-226683 15:37 15 Dec 05

I have recently aquired a laptop with 3 copies of XP Pro installed. One appears to be factory installed, the other two at some later date. All three work ok but I think the pc runs slow, presumable because of the extra two copies. Is there any easy way to uninstall the two extra copies. I have the XP Pro Recovery CD Rom.

Modo 18:17 15 Dec 05

Your question begs a lot more information. And the fact you didn't include that info in the original request may be the reason you aren't getting any responses. I may be wrong but you may be in the little knowledge is dangerous category.

At it's most basic you can reformat the drive/drives.

But you need to tell us where these versions of XP are loaded - is the hard drive patitioned? & the mind boggles at the thought that these are all separate legit licenses!

You may be in danger of losing programs that you don't have back ups for if you reformat.

That said it is a good idea to reformat say once a year just to clean up the detritus. But even with an XP Pro with SP2 to reload everything including all updates will take you the best part of a day - even if you know where all your program CD's and driver disks are.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…