Uninstaller

allclear 22:18 23 Dec 06

Hello,

My Add-remove programme doesnt work. Really dont know why.

I am therefore looking for any free unintaller programe off the net. Can anybody hep please?

Many Thanks

rdave13 22:26 23 Dec 06

Download Ccleaner click here and click on the tools tab for uninstalling.

If you have an XP disc would be worth running a scannow. Start--run-- type sfc /scannow.
It's a windows file checker. click here

postie24 22:34 23 Dec 06

Think its to do with an update.For now,try right clicking the add/remove icon in taskbar,click close,then restart add/remove programs

allclear 22:56 23 Dec 06

Thanks,

I ran the whole process of scannow with the xp disc. Unfortunately no luck.

Also for some reason I do not see the add/remove icon in taskbar, should it be there?

Thanks

postie24 23:21 23 Dec 06

When you open it up in control panel it appears in taskbar,click close and restart

rdave13 23:25 23 Dec 06

I've never had the add/remove icon in the taskbar.
Didn't know it was possible to put one there.
Have a look here click here .
Ccleaner still has a useful uninstaller.

rdave13 23:28 23 Dec 06

Quite right a tab opens up in the taskbar, or should.

postie24 00:00 24 Dec 06

Sorry,i meant tab, rdave13

allclear 14:38 24 Dec 06

Hello all again,

I downloaded the Ccleaner but like my add/remove programme, it only picks up about 3 to 4 files and not all of them.

I have some games files that my kids were using before going to the uni, I want to unintall.

Perhaps I should explain that my add/remove does work but not properly as it only shows about 3 to 4 files and I know that I have at least 20-30 files. Please has anybody had this problem and could anybody help?

I know that I have an option of wiping off everything on my hard drive & reinstall evrything but I want to avoid this if there is another way round.

Thanks. Merry Christmas & a Happy new Year to all the helpful ones.

keith-236785 16:05 24 Dec 06

check the "start/all programs" for any of the programs you want to remove, they might have their own uninstall progs to run, alternatively, goto c/program files and check for any of the folders containing the programs you want to uninstall, check within these folders for uninstall program, a double click might if you are lucky might start the uninstall.

if there is absolutely no uninstall progs anywhere then simply delete the folders to remove the programs, obviously there will still be entries in the registry to clear which you could do by using reg cleaner. but if you dont encounter any problems after delting the folders then i wouldnt worry too much.

good luck, and happy christmas

keith-236785 16:09 24 Dec 06

forgot to say, you could try using

"add/remove for good"

send me an e-mail (click the yellow envelope) and i will send the file to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…