uninstalled spybot,search and destroy

nikef 19:43 22 Oct 06

downloaded norton 2007

when installing norton,it said that i had to uninstall spybot search and desroy,because of conflicks

is there another spyware software that is free and do a good as a job as spybot does

trish

VoG II 19:58 22 Oct 06

Interesting...

I use McAfee and an update a few weeks ago warned me of the dire consequences of having Spybot. I duly uninstalled Spybot, updated McAfee then reinstalled Spybot.

Everything is still working as it should.

michaelandjolou 20:06 22 Oct 06

If VoG's post doesn't appeal, there are a few out there. Ewido and ad-aware are, I've been told, quite good.

Stuartli 20:14 22 Oct 06

Probably a bit of a scare tactic such as ZA not "recognising/monitoring" AV programs such as Avast! even though both work OK together - in any case I use both Search and Destroy and AdAware Personal SE as one often finds something that the other doesn't pick up.

S5W 20:15 22 Oct 06

nikef, I have been running NIS 2007 and Sbybot for a month with no problems. However it is not wise to allow both to run a scan concurrently, it tends to fill the works with molasses.

nikef 20:40 22 Oct 06

thankyou all

i will be downloading it again,as i do like spybot

cheers

trish

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…