uninstalled graphics card... how to reinstall with black screen

ahackers 17:26 25 Aug 14

ive recently bought a new computer; Intel I7 4770K Quad Core Gaming Pc Computer 120 SSD + 1tb 16Gb Nvidia GTX 760 2GB Z11 WINDOWS 8.1 PRO... however it was running on the wrong graphics card. So i tried following some instructions to switch between and stupidly disabled the graphics card which of course resulted in a black screen. I've been trying to restart in safe mode using shif + f8, however this doesnt work. Any idea how i get it up and working again?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:58 25 Aug 14

I assume you mean onboard graphics and a seperate card

Can you boot to BIOS do you get anything on the screen during first booting?

ahackers 18:05 25 Aug 14

yes...

no when i try to boot theres just a black screen :(

rdave13 18:08 25 Aug 14

I know it's a stupid question but did you change over the monitor's connection to the back of the PC, from the motherboard connection to the gpu's connection? Sorry if obvious.

beeuuem 18:08 25 Aug 14

Normally you only need to only push F8 to enter boot options. If that works try Last Known Good configuration.

ahackers 18:13 25 Aug 14

no.. i was silly and pressed disable while i was trying to switch to the other card... ive checked the connectins too, evrything seems fine!

bit stumped why f8 isnt working

rdave13 18:22 25 Aug 14

The only suggestion I can make is to re-set the bios, usually I do it by removing the cmos battery for 30secs and replacing. If you have UEFI, however, I don't know if this will work. Once reset I would remove the NVidia card and just boot up to the onboard one. Check if you've got the drivers installed for your card, if not, use the disc that came with it to install. Shut down the PC and connect the card again and connect the monitor to it and reboot.

BRYNIT 20:22 25 Aug 14

"ive checked the connections too, everything seems fine!" Did you mean you tried connecting the monitor to the other graphics card? if not try connecting the monitor to the other graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…