uninstalled driver still in add remove programs

hugh-265156 21:48 15 Mar 03

hello all.decided to upgrade my radeon drivers so i have uninstalled the old ones as i have always done ie/ add remove programs uninstall the control panel first reboot then do the same for the driver.but when it came to uninstall the driver i clicked remove and i got a messege saying error initializing!it seems to be removed however as i have checked device manager and its gone my display is default vga also but its still in add remove very strange.i update my drivers regulary and have never had this problem before.at the moment i have not installed the new drivers for fear of making things worse.any ideas would be great as i had planned on an evenings gaming and this has put a bit of a damper on things.ps its win.xp card is radeon 9000 and always use ati drivers(remember saying in a post somewhere that they never caused me problems)ta.

Mr Crispy 22:33 15 Mar 03

Download a trial copy of add and remove 2003 and this will let you remove the list from tour pc.
click here

hugh-265156 23:12 15 Mar 03

i have add remove 2002 full and it gives the same messege.checked microsoft knowledge base and advised to delete entry in registry which has sorted it i think.gona try the new drivers see what happens.thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…