uninstalled Ashampoo now can't receive email on OE

anniecat 06:28 24 May 04

since I uninstalled ashampoo suite from my pc.. 98se... my incoming email doesn't.. all I get is:-

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.tiscali.co.uk', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 38444, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

All the settings seem to be ok.

Can I re download outlook express 6 over the top just in case ashampoo has caused this prob and if so has anyone got a url for download, cos I can't find it.

Can anyone help please.

Clint2 06:57 24 May 04

Outlook Express 6 click here

anniecat 07:10 24 May 04

Clint2.... Thanks, do you know if it will download over the top of thge existing one ?

Clint2 07:22 24 May 04

From my recollection of installing OE6 a while ago, the installer only installs the items it needs to update from previous versions. So yes you can install 'over the top'. Good luck.

Clint2 07:30 24 May 04

Before you proceed with the OE6 upgrade, check click here

anniecat 08:16 24 May 04

Clint2 .. have already checked that link and have mailed Tiscal twice regarding the prob and have not received a reply.. I can access mail from web but prefer O/E

This only started after uninstalling ashampoo suite..

anniecat 10:35 24 May 04

Ashampoo had changed 2 settings, the incoming port number and the incoming mail server. It should have reverted to the old settings but hadn't... All's well now, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…