Uninstallation problems with CyberLinkPowerDVD

YinHoNg 16:05 30 Dec 03

I recently changed from win98 to XP. The Power DVD version i got came with my PC package, along with the windows98 OS.

I installed the dvd player agin when i changed to XP but it didn't seem to play any dvds.

I've now decided to install one of the free dvd players: perhaps BSPlayer or n.Player.

Therefore i've decided to get rid of Power DVD but when i use the uninstallation function it comes up with this message:

the log file 'C:\PROGRA~1\PowerDVD\DeIsL1.isu' is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue.

I don't understand what that means......

Any help?

leo49 16:16 30 Dec 03

See number 2 here - what's happened is that the version of PowerDVD that you have is not compatible with XP.When you try to uninstall it the Windows uninstaller looks to this file for instructions for which files to delete and where they are located in 98 - now you have XP the instructions don't make to sense to it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…