uninstall xp pro. & reinstall 98se

betty_boo48 12:45 27 Sep 03

I recently installed xp pro after fully formatting c drive. The pc has struggled with xp and i am now wanting to remove it completly and put 98se back on. I have a 98 start up floppy and 98se installation disk available. I have tried booting off the start up floppy to a dos prompt, I then typed in "format C:" to be informed invalid command. My plan was to format c drive this way and then boot up off 98se installation cd to re install. My plans have gone sadly wrong can anyone please help me.

spargo 13:36 27 Sep 03

Thi might help.

click here

Djohn 13:45 27 Sep 03

When you get to the command prompt from your floppy, type the word C: and press the "Enter" key. This will leave you at the C: prompt, from this type.

format C:

The format will then go ahead with a warning "You are about to lose all info on C:". Just click the "Enter" key again and sit back while it does it's job. j.

betty_boo48 15:12 27 Sep 03

many thanks spargo, followed the instructions and bingo............betty bo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…