Uninstall webscanx

Goodrex 19:44 04 Jun 06

When I try to scan a document on to my computer I get a message that "Webscanx" on my computer is incompatible with windows xp and that I must uninstall it. I cannot locate Webscanx on my system although under the "Search" programme it does seem to exist. I would appreciate any assistance in overcoming this problem and if I do succeed in uninstalling it, it seems I must install another programme. It all appears to be very complex.

VoG II 19:46 04 Jun 06

Does it show up in Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs?

VoG II 19:53 04 Jun 06

Do you have an old version of McAfee installed? If so you need to update to a version that is compatible with XP or remove McAfee and install something else like AVG Free click here which is just as good. Disconnect from the internet before removing McAfee and installing a different version or different anti-virus.

Goodrex 13:52 05 Jun 06

My thanks to Vog for his/her attempt to resolve this problem. In reply I would like to say that Webscanx does not appear in the CONTROL PANEL. Yes, I did have a version of MCAFEE whicd I uninstalled six months ago when I failed to renew it and replace it with NORTON. Is it possible that MCAFEE was not fully uninstalled although I do not find any trace of it now on my system? Thanks again for you interest. Goodrex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…