uninstall vista

polish 09:45 16 Apr 06

installed a beta version of vista on a seperate partion on my hard drive and worked fine but after uninstalling it i still have to choose which operating system on start up advice please how to remove the vista option .
will reply later but have to go on easter egg run.

mgmcc 09:56 16 Apr 06

Open MSCONFIG, select the Boot.ini tab and click the button to check boot paths. It should give you the option to delete the path which is now invalid.

polish 10:04 16 Apr 06

thanks for quick response boot ini tells me to use BCDEDIT.exe but this will not work maybe i will have to reinstall vista and uninstall again .
have to go out now will reply later

gudgulf 10:53 16 Apr 06

You can't delete Vista by editing the Boot.ini file.

And as you've found out you can't run BCEdit.exe either.
The way to remove the Beta is to first format the partition containing Vista to remove the operating system files.

Then insert your XP disc and boot into the Recovery Console.Once logged into that run "fixboot" and "fixmbr" ......be sure that they are targeting the C drive(main Windows XP partition).

That will remove Vista's boot loader so you will now boot straight inrto XP again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…