Uninstall utility ?

SB23 16:17 15 Jun 06

I have a number of programs that do not seem to have an uninstall with them, and are not in the add/remove list. Although not a major concern, I was wondering if there is something that will do that job for me, or is it a case of locating the files with a search, and then deleting them that way?

Thanks

Steve

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:19 15 Jun 06

I usually right-click and delete the file from C/programmes and then run a registry cleaner such as Regseeker to clear up any remaining debris. This may not work too well for games (although I have not had a problem so far) that tend to have bits all over the shop but 'ordinary' programmes seem to suffer no side-effects and I have done this for years.

G

SB23 16:35 15 Jun 06

Some of them won't delete, what do you do then?

VoG II 16:45 15 Jun 06
  SB23 16:59 15 Jun 06

Thank you VoG™, that's the program I read about on the forum before. Thought I had responded to that thread, but for some reason I can't access my posts.( Slow connection today)
Am I right to assume you unlock, and this allows you to delete the files?

VoG II 17:53 15 Jun 06

Yes, that's right.

SB23 18:23 15 Jun 06

Thanks both, will tick as resolved

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…