Uninstall U3 application

cornflakes 18:03 20 Apr 09

Can any one help, PLEASE? I want to completely uninstall U3 on a new Sandisk USB Flash Drive. I have tried several things but nothing works! I have outlined some of the problems and things I have tried below……..

I have just received a 16gb Sandisk USB flash drive with “U3” capability and want to use it only as a storage device. When I first plugged it in, I was given the choice of installing the software (“You can remove it later” so the darn thing said!) or using it as a storage device. I unwisely decided to try the U3 software and did not like the way it works at all, and so decided to uninstall it.

The uninstall setting under “U3 Launchpad Settings” only disables an auto run setting but then launches a partition on the drive which is shown as a CD drive (drive letter i) and the new storage area (drive letter L) which contains file / folders that I do not want & cannot permanently delete (they keep reinstalling themselves). An additional problem is that once launchpad is running, it keeps opening another flash drive that is also attached to the PC.

1. I searched Sandisks website and downloaded an uninstaller………Did not work!
2. I searched the internet and tried another uninstaller…again did not work.
3. I have tried formatting Drive letter L………Files keep being reinstalled.
4. Tried disabling the CD drive (Drive i)………cannot see / access the storage area (drive L)

In short, I just want to use it as a storage device and do not want to have to keep tuning stuff off to use it. Any advice etc would be greatly appreciated………..Many thanks!

cornflakes 18:19 20 Apr 09

Success!!!
Having posted this question only a few minutes ago, I have found the answer…………The Uninstallers only work if NO OTHER flash dives are plugged in!!!

So if our excellent editors are reading this, perhaps a tip on one of your pages would help other “Dimwits” like me, and avoid an afternoon of sheer frustration!!!

Sandisk please note, a little hint like this on you help pages would have resulted in my having more hair now than I did earlier today!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…