uninstall software

carvers 10:31 04 Feb 04

i have been using norton antivirus and firewall since purchase of my laptop and have been happy with the way it works. as my antivirus subscription expired end of january and my firewall subscription expires middle of this month i was going to purchase the combined norton firewall/antivirus 2004 package. is there a good uninstall free software that is usable by someone with limited pc knowledge and would it be a good idea to install norton 2004 onto my system from a clean start with no norton previous downloads remaining and will these software programmes remove all of nortons entries? any advice would be much appreciated.
i am using xp home.

Lozzy 10:35 04 Feb 04

If your currently using NAV/Firewall 2003 its not worth buying 2004 combo. There isn't much of a change. My suggestion would be renew the subscription for 2004 and update the program in 2005.

As to your question I personally use add/remove then go into Win Explorer and remove any orphan's.

carvers 10:48 04 Feb 04

thanks for comments lozzy my version of firewall is 2002 which was free and i have antivirus 2003 i assumed mayby wrongly that the 2004 combined firewall would provide more but perhaps i am misguided and on cost it would be i believe slightly cheaper to buy than re subscribe online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…