Uninstall Shield deluxe rogue 'anti virus'

Awestruck 11:28 20 Oct 09

A ckient with XP uninstalled the dreadfull Shield Deluxe ater it charged him more that the sdvertised price and then infecte his computer. Unfortunately remnants still infect his machine. I seached his machined and found no trace, even in hidden folders/files. As he was without an AV I installed AVG 9, during installation AVG found Shields deluxe and asked me to uninstall or skip. As it was not possible to uninstall it, I 'skipped' and he now has AVG up and running. I ran Hijackthis and it found two instances of Shields Deluxe, but when I posted the log the instances had vanished!!!
I have seached the internet for a way of un-installing SD and was horrified by the huge number of complaints about this rogue. The majority of unistall solutions were posted by SD and were obvious fakes. Do any of you wizzkids know how to uninstall it?

birdface 13:30 20 Oct 09

Try the free version of Malwarebytes update and then run it.

click here

Awestruck 11:36 25 Oct 09

My client tried malwarebytes, he said it found lost of nasties but had to pay to remove them. He declined. I did not think malwarebytes would try this type of scam.

As acomputer technician I am fed up with trying to remove rogue anti-spy/anti-virus programs. As they require payment surely they can be traced and banned by search websites?

These rogue programs deliberately fail to include an unistall file and they hide themselves from the add/remove software list they are extremely difficult to delete. They can also hide from genuine ant-spy and-virus programs.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:01 25 Oct 09

Sounds as if he downloaded the pro version not the free version.

MBAM from malwarebytes is one of the best antimalware programs at the moment the free versionI have installed does have an uninstall option.

the other one I trust is Superantispyware click here

birdface 18:26 25 Oct 09

Malwarebytes free version he should have downloaded.Obviously picked the wrong one.

If none of those work there is this and I will point out that I have never used it before but if it does what it says on the tin it could be a quite handy tool.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…