Uninstall Roxio

flobby 21:23 29 May 06

Hi All,
I did download Roxio Media Creator 8 from a peer to peer site. I had problems with it BUT did like the programme so I bought the Genuine version, but it will not install as I have to uninstall the previous version first.
I cannot do this ,I have tried through Control Panel,and CCleaner, But get the message.
"This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it,or contact the vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package"
Cheers, Flobby

VoG II 21:38 29 May 06

If the software uses the Windows Installer you could try running click here

If it uses a different installer (e.g. InstallShield) then that will not work.

flobby 22:07 29 May 06

Hi VoG,
Have downloaded Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, but no success in uninstalling Roxio. The Change/Remove tab does not appear in control panel Add and Remove window.
When I put the Roxio inastallation CD in It asks that i uninstall the previous version, but when i click yes it give me the same responce as above,
Cheers, Flobby.

VoG II 22:13 29 May 06

System Restore to before you installed the dodgy version.

flobby 22:22 29 May 06

Hi VoG,
My system Restore only goes back to April 16th. whick is well later than I downloaded Roxio,
Cheers, Flobby

skidzy 22:25 29 May 06

Have you tried Search and include hidden files...type roxio and delete all it finds,then run click here

Dont forget to make a restore point first.

Reboot,maybe it will work.

Strawballs 22:26 29 May 06
  woodchip 22:40 29 May 06

Try it like this if it does not show in Control Panel or does not work.

Go to Search look for both Roxio and Media Creator 8, if you do not have any other of the above on your computer, Delete all that it finds that is for the Program. next

Go to Start\Run type REGEDIT and start it, Do not be afraid to use it, as long as you follow what I put.

Go to Edit in the Menu click find type in Roxio press enter. You should also click on the Computer Icon so it starts looking from the top of the tree and does not miss any out, check each entry to verify then delete and the press F3 for next entry this will keep going until you get to the End, It will tell you when. You can also go throughout this with a find for Media Creator 8 as it will bring up more entries. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE

woodchip 22:41 29 May 06

PS Easy one is if you have a restore point before you loaded the program then run that

flobby 23:39 29 May 06

Hi Woodchip,
When I entered REGEDIT into RUn. I got a Box with a black backgound with the title heading
and error message,
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS of7b:0174 op fo 2e 14 of ad
Choose close to terminate the application

I am running Windows XP Professional
Cheers Flobby

woodchip 00:18 30 May 06

Don't know what's up there. May be good Idea to put your XP CD in comp and check for corrupt files by running SFC /SCANNOW from run box with CD in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…