Uninstall \ Reinstall IE6.0

radi8or 17:01 25 Dec 03

Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone.

Can anyone tell me if their is a special way to uninstall IE 6.0. Have tried with search\delete and
add\remove, but when I try to reinstall get a pop up
"A newer version already installed cannot continue"

Running XPHome fully updated and patched, no viruses or spyware.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Regards Bob

VoG II 17:05 25 Dec 03

I've replied to your other thread click here

radi8or 17:13 25 Dec 03

Hi VoG
Don't know what went wrong there page dissapeared so started again,thanks for response will try it out get back

Regards Bob

radi8or 20:40 25 Dec 03

Hi VoG,

Tried all the options on your link but no go.
(1) sfc \scannow nothing at all.

(2) repair from ie.inf file. asked for XP CD but threw up error after error not able to load all different dll's

(3)repair from start run windows files. pop up saying "error loading set up wbvdll. specified module not found".

Unless you have any other suggestions I think i'll do a clean install, had the system running for a year now must be filling up with rubbish and maybe time to clean house. Will leave till week end as out later tommorrow I'll leave thread open just in case

Regards Bob

VoG II 20:48 25 Dec 03

Well you could try a repair installation of Windows. Boot from the CD

Let the Setup go through the first part of the Installation procedure.

When you come to the screen in which it says "Welcome to Setup." press Enter to Setup Windows XP.

Press F8 to agree to the End User License.

Let the Setup search your system for previous versions of Windows.

When the Setup is finished searching your system, select your Windows XP Installation and press the R key on your keyboard to start the Repair Procedure.

Setup will delete all major system files and then replace them with new copies.

You will have to download all of the updates from Microsoft Windows Update again because it replaces the files.

radi8or 20:56 25 Dec 03

VoG thanks again will give it a wizz

Regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…