Uninstall problems

cas4 18:12 21 Jun 08

Hi can anybody help with these problems?
Update from AVG Free 7.5 to 8 worked ok on my pc but something went wrong with the update on my laptop. I now get the message “could not initialise AVG anti-virus kernel interface. application cannot run” every time I boot up my laptop.
I have tried to un-instal AVG via the add/remove programmes on the control panel but get the message - error: initialisation of the language file “c:\ programme file\Grisoft\AVG7 “failed. General failure.
Not wanting to be without an anti-virus programme I thought I might download a trial version from PC Tools for evaluation but this informed me that in addition to the AVG anti-virus I also have two instances of Norton anti-virus on my laptop and suggested that these should be removed they would be in conflict with another anti- virus product.
I used to have Norton security until it was removed by a PC repair person (who considered it to be ‘resource hungry’ replaced it with AVG free), but I can’t find anything on the installed programme list under the name Norton (or Symantic).
Any ideas on how I can remove these rogue applications?
Thanks in anticipation.

try norton removal tool
click here

Technotiger 18:31 21 Jun 08

Or try click here free.

ambra4 18:43 21 Jun 08

Download Revo Uninstaller

The best software remover on the market forgets using Microsoft Add / Remove program as it leave

a load of files behind in the registry, which can causes problems in the registry later as you have

found out.

Remove all the programs listed for Norton, AVG, and any other programs that you thought you had

uninstall

On the Revo main menu click the view button and click detail

If a display pop-up and ask to reboot click NO and let the program run if it find any other files

Click the Select All and Delete them only reboot after you get the Finish display

click here

woodchip 18:52 21 Jun 08

If uninstall does not work you will have to manually delete them also you will Have to remove them from Regedit

cas4 22:02 21 Jun 08

Many thanks guys/gals for all your help. Problems solved.

Technotiger 22:23 21 Jun 08

It might help others in future if you said How it was solved! Cheers.

cas4 17:07 22 Jun 08

Sorry! new to forums.

Downloaded Revo Uninstaller as suggested and successfully got rid of the offending items. Thanks again.

Technotiger 17:43 22 Jun 08

Our pleasure - Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac