uninstall problems

wfulton_2121 08:55 08 Jun 07

Hi,

Im trying to uninstall my D-Link 802.11g USB adapter but i am having the folowing problems.

I open the D-Lin uninstall wizard and the unistall begins, but then about half way through the uninstallation my computer displays the windows installer dialogue and tries to install some other software that is already installed on the computer. The computer just keeps doing this and will not let me uninstall the USB adapter.

The computer is part of a windows xp domain and i am logged on locally to carry out this administrative task.

The computer is a Dell laptop (Latitude D505)

Any suggestion would be appreciated

Thank you

crosstrainer 09:06 08 Jun 07

Try this: Start your computer in safe mode... this is done by pressing the F8 key whilst the computer is booting. Choose "Safe Mode" and then try the uninstall again.

wfulton_2121 09:24 08 Jun 07

thank you for your reply, this is the error i get when i try and remove it safe mode

"error 1719 the windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

thanks

crosstrainer 09:52 08 Jun 07

Looks as though the installer has become corrupt. These files can be replaced by using the Vista DVD, you can set the BIOS to boot from your DVD drive....the only thing that concerns me is how this may effect your dual boot option. Anyone have more ideas?

Technotiger 09:55 08 Jun 07

Hi, perhaps you should re-install Windows installer ...

click here

wfulton_2121 10:28 08 Jun 07

how do i re install windows installer?

VoG II 10:36 08 Jun 07

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5