Uninstall problem canon MP510

ESTER 23:37 21 Mar 08

Hi there,
Can anyone help me with this problem. I downloaded some new drivers for a canon MP 510 all in one printer from the bona fide canon site, I attempted the installation of above after seemingly deleting the old drivers and everything else to do with the printer.
I've shot the lot out a number of times, because i couldn't get the computer to even recognise the printer at all.
There was nothing wrong with the printer in the first place, just me meddling (lesson learned).
Now, when i attempt to re-do the installation from scratch, with the original set up disc, i get an MP DRIVERS grey box, with "an error occurred while registering the uninstaller", and can go no further in the installation.
I have tried ccleaner to uninstall everything and that even came up with an "error 5 cannot uninstall" on one of the components. Somewhere along the line I got a "you may not have the correct priviliges notice". Windows remove/programme came up with that suggestion I think. Can any kind soul extract me from this deep and unpleasant area.
ester

gengiscant 07:31 22 Mar 08

Have you yried here.click here

ESTER 10:26 22 Mar 08

gengiscant;
Thanks for that, I'll dive into it now.

ESTER 11:16 26 Mar 08

I've been on to the site gengiscant pointed me to and I'm still at square one.I phoned the Canon help line and they advised me to download a file I'm sure was downloaded on my first sortee.I think that file is for drivers and such like. Anyway, still getting the "error occurred while registering the uninstaller".

I have a feeling that an icon that cannot be deleted on my desktop; which was part of the original download, might be causing the problem of re-installation from disc.
This icon, entitled (MP510vst110en.exe) cannot be deleted. the 'make sure disk not full and not write protected box' comes up when I right click and try to delete to recycle bin,,, or,if I left click the box'windows cannot access the specified path,device or file, you may not have permissions to access'.
Can some kind soul tell me how to eject this desktop icon(it's on desktop because that's where I default downloads to).
kind regards ester..

gengiscant 18:36 27 Mar 08

Try this to get rid of your icon.
click here

ESTER 20:35 27 Mar 08

Many thanks for you perseverance, I must admit, i've never seen anything like this type of programme, i'll give it a look.
ester

ESTER 12:59 14 Apr 08

Apologies for getting back so late on this topic.

It turns out that a scan by a newly installed f/wall held the key to this problem.
Just after I'd attempted to uninstall everything to do with the Canon, I downloaded Comodo, which is a great f/wall, now that I know how to use it properly (I'll read the instructions from now on),Comodo did a scan that somehow picked up this particular file and shot it into quarantine, and locked it there.
After un/re-installing Comodo, which I more than likely did not need to do, everything went swimmingly; (the f/wall quarantine certainly did the biz in this instance).
I hope this explanation assists others who are as inept as mine self.
Many thanks for your suggestions.
ester

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017