Uninstall Panicware Popup stopper

stockwell 13:40 29 Nov 03

After upgrading an old version with a later release, I could no longer access critical data in a number of sites. I uninstalled the program, and followed the Panicware web page instructions BUT the program is still running (the blip as pop ups are swatted is still there, and windows / frames will not open).
I have reinstalled, and uninstalled twice, but still problem.
I cannot see what is starting the process during PC startup (msconfig), and the only files with "Panic" in the name on my PC are PANICNT.DLL and PANIC32.DLL
Any clues, please - Panicware has not replied to my request for help.

johnnyrocker 14:20 29 Nov 03

what os have you and by what means did you uninstall?

johnnyrocker 14:22 29 Nov 03

the sites you could not aceess should have been just a matter of allowing site in cnfiguration alternatively hold ctrl and you could access the blocked sites.

stockwell 16:16 29 Nov 03

OS = Windows 98
Uninstall using Windows installer

Wak 20:04 29 Nov 03

I have Win 98SE + the Pop-up Stopper by Panicware and the entry in the Msconfig/ Start which is ticked is called POP-UP STOPPER.
I would also suggest that if you get beeped when clicking on a link in a web site, try pressing the CTRL key when clicking on the link as this cancels the operation.
Hope this helps.

johnnyrocker 20:04 29 Nov 03

try add remove programs in control panel.

Wak 20:16 29 Nov 03

Sorry Johnnyrocker, I've just noticed you had already mentioned the CTRL key bit. My Apols.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…