`Uninstall Norton AV 2004` missing in Add/Rem list

Skyver 22:37 09 Nov 05

Has anyone any ideas on how to sort the above problem I encountered while working on a friend's PC today - I looked on the site and found a remover for AV 2003, but not 2004. LiveReg and LiveUpdate were still present and correct, and I know not to remove them before Norton itself. Re-installing 2004 from a CD isn't an option (only by Rescue CD which will wipe the system), all I could suggest was to `upgrade` to a Norton 2006 trial and see if that would recognise and remove the older version. This is all just so AVG or Avast can be installed on the PC in question, to get rid of the virus's - the version of Norton in question is a 2 months past the end of the subscription date.

aca 22:46 09 Nov 05

does this help, I have got similar problem and was referred to this site think its relevant to 2004
click here

Skyver 22:51 09 Nov 05

Yes, that looks useful, cheers.

Skyver 22:57 09 Nov 05

I'll tick this as resolved, I can't confirm right now of course, but it appears that tool is exactly what is required, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…