uninstall of norton antivirus and firewall

Head hurts 17:02 30 Sep 04

having been a user of above products for three years i have now decided to use the free products possibly avg and zone alarm. i am frankly fed up with symantec taking my subscription money each year but not fully supporting them within sometimes a product being 2 years old, by this i obviously mean for those people like me who pay each year. my question is does anyone know if the uninstall options within control panel fully rids my system of the products or do i need to go further.
i have norton utilities installed so i cannot really do a search and delete all symantec/norton products as my knowledge would not be sufficient to distinguish between antivirus/firewall products and utilities. i do have the disc for utilities so i suppose i could delete this and reinstall. any advice with regards removal and indeed if the avg and zone alarm products work ok with sp2 installed on xp home. many thanks.

SANTOS7 17:24 30 Sep 04

click here try the trial version of this, as regards AVG click here use the beta7 version from here and
click here zonealarm from here i use both and have no conflicts with SP2,good luck

Redlegends 17:45 30 Sep 04

use the add / remove programs to remove it, then go into my computer and remover it from the program files and then finally use regedit and delete the keys from there also. That should do it.

Carpigiani 18:46 30 Sep 04

There are removal instructions & a removal tool for uninstalling Norton Antivirus on the Symantec site click here
I used this method sucessfully earlier this year & installed Sygate firewall click here & Avast anti-virus click here both free & working well. Just one note SP2 does not recognise Sygate, no problen just turn off the warnings.

Carpigiani 18:54 30 Sep 04

Better link for Sygate click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…