Uninstall microsoft works...

seventiesdolly 17:45 12 Feb 06

I found the microsoft works installer on my start list and decided to install it. I've now decided I want to uninstall it, as I can't find anything to do with this program, and don't know how it works, plus it's taken up 500-odd mb of precious space on my pc.
However I can't find any uninstall option and it isn't even on my list of add/remove programmes - help please!

Skyver 17:47 12 Feb 06

Look in Program Files for a Works folder - look in that folder for a file called Unwise or Uninstall, run that.

seventiesdolly 17:56 12 Feb 06

Nope, not there........?

Lettervanman 19:06 12 Feb 06

Not much help to you, but I have just checked control panel and I have it as a remove option.

Skyver 19:07 12 Feb 06

Re-install if possible, to reinstate the relevant un-install information.

VoG II 19:08 12 Feb 06

I have it listed as well.

A silly thought - have you tried running Microsoft Works Installer again - it may have an uninstall option now that you've installed Works.

seventiesdolly 20:43 12 Feb 06

The 'installer' has disappeared. There is an icon on my start menu saying 'microsoft works' which just says 'empty' when I hover my mouse over it......
The works installer was on the machine when I bought it, and I just aquired the microsoft office xp proffesional disc from which I installed only 'word'. It was after this that I activated the installer.
In my programmes, I have listed microsoft office and microsoft frontpage...would this be it?

VoG II 20:46 12 Feb 06

No, they are different.

Unless you are desperately short of space I would just leave it.

woodchip 20:47 12 Feb 06

Go to Windows Explorer look for Works Folder the .EXE files are programs. You can create shortcuts from these and you can double click them to run

woodchip 20:48 12 Feb 06

And if you then want to remove it, just say so again

alB 21:08 12 Feb 06

If your O/S is Windows XP, have you tried "system restore" to a date prior to when you installed office XP...alB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5