Uninstall McAfee security

Graham* 15:10 PM 12 Dec 11
Answered

My friend is going to drop off a new laptop for me to prepare for Christmas day (for his 10 year old daughter). First I will try to uninstall McAfee security. I gather I will need to download the uninstaller from McAfee, but I don't expect it will be that simple. Any previous experience, please?

rawprawn 15:18 PM 12 Dec 11
Answer

Don't worry it works a treat,just download it ad run it as per instructions here

Don't forget to use add / remove first

kdt 16:55 PM 12 Dec 11

After uninstalling through add/remove programmes it might be advisable to run MCPR.exe McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool...document ID:TS100507 READ article TS101107 good luck

Woolwell 17:29 PM 12 Dec 11
  rawprawn 17:41 PM 12 Dec 11

Woolwell yet again an excellent link.

Graham* 23:10 PM 12 Dec 11

Thanks all, no doubt others will find this useful over Christmas.

It is sad that manufacturers and others should inflict such pernicious and unwanted software on their customers. I look forward to someone saying 'Buy this! No unwanted or trial programs!'

Belatucadrus 23:50 PM 12 Dec 11

It may also be worth running PC Decrapifier

Graham* 22:52 PM 13 Dec 11

Thanks again, McAfee now gone.

Another 'free trial' popped up as soon as I put a disc in the drive - Roxio Creator. That has now bit the dust also.

rawprawn 09:34 AM 14 Dec 11

Glad that you are sorted,the last thing you want on Christmas day is a problem with the shiny new laptop. We once bought my daughter a guitar for Christmas, and my father in law wanted a try. He promptly broke a string DISASTER!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things