Uninstall issue

Yimbo 18:21 09 Aug 08

I want to completely uninstall System Mechanic 7.
Add/Remove programs window on my XP Home tells me that it cannot uninstall because "the uninstall log file is in a format not recognised by this version of the uninstaller" Would deleting the Registry entry for SM 7 have the effect of a complete uninstall - or merely create further problems?

awest3 18:32 09 Aug 08

you might want to download Revo uninstaller, its free and a fantastic utility...it also gets rid of all the other bits that a normal uninstall leaves behind.

click here

awest3 18:35 09 Aug 08

sorry wrong link

click here

Yimbo 20:26 09 Aug 08

Your first "Click here", awest3, takes me to Revo's Home page - but your second, corrected one, gives me "Internet Explorer cannot display this page". Do you know why? I can get all other web pages? Thanks for your help!

awest3 22:02 09 Aug 08

try this one...not sure why the other link did not work....did not for me either...

click here

Yimbo 15:58 10 Aug 08

Thanks awest3, I downloaded Revo Uninstaller and set it to work. I tried the "Moderate" and "Advanced" levels. However, I'm still getting the same error message as I outlined above. Where to go from here? Any further help would be much appreciated!

rawprawn 16:27 10 Aug 08

Try reinstalling it and then use Revo uninstaller.

awest3 19:13 10 Aug 08

I'd do as Rawprawn suggests....come back if still no joy..

Yimbo 17:09 11 Aug 08

Thanks awest3 and rawprawn! Your advice did the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…