Uninstall Internet Explorer

Rotenone 12:48 PM 07 Sep 12

Sir/Madam, How can I uninstall Internet explorere from my laptop?

T I M B O 12:50 PM 07 Sep 12

I dont think you can.

Woolwell 12:53 PM 07 Sep 12

In later OS's it is part of windows features and can be turned off (similar to uninstall but not the same). However you haven't told us whether you are using XP, Vista or W7.

lotvic 12:54 PM 07 Sep 12

Internet Explorer is part of the Microsoft Op Sys. Just don't use it if you want to use a different Browser, although technically you can uninstall that can cause complications. You can have as many Browsers installed as you like. Many people have Firefox, Chrome etc. as well as IE installed.

Woolwell 12:59 PM 07 Sep 12

And Safari or Opera as I do!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:07 PM 07 Sep 12

Uninstall IE9

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later

Note After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your PC. It isn't necessary to reinstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11