Uninstall Graphics Card

peter4076 12:21 18 Jan 05

Thanks to everybody last week who suggested various Graphics Cards, I've settled on "Asus V9520-xTD 128Mb Gf Fx5200" hope I've done the right thing, anyway when it arrives ( from Overclockers (1st time I have used them))Do I just take my other card out of the machine and stick the other one in or is there a precedure like disabling my AVG, earthing myself, device manager etc,etc, obviously all this is done with puta turned off........Your thoughts most appreciated also your knowledge.

AndySD 12:27 18 Jan 05
  peter4076 14:20 18 Jan 05

Thankyou AndySD quite a good demo on how to remove & fit a Graphics card, but it is the procedure before hand.........Do I have to uninstall all the drivers assossiated with the card prior to fitting the new card or will the new drivers write over the top or will there be conflicts these are the things that concern me, I have no problem delving in to the gubbins of the puta.

AndySD 17:35 18 Jan 05

Personally I would always remove the drivers in Add/Remove Programs before installing new hardware.

sidecar sid 19:19 18 Jan 05

Right click my computer,select properties.
Click on the hardware tab and select device manager.
On the list expand display adapters rirht click on your graphics card and click on uninstall.
Follow the on screen prompts but when it tells you to reboot youy PC click on no then shut it down as normal.
Swap the graphics cards and reboot,when the found new hardware wizard pops up cancel it and install the drivers from the disc supplied with your new card.

peter4076 08:10 19 Jan 05

Thankyou all above, I am just waiting for said card to arrive and proceed with given instructions......Will tick now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…