Uninstall Google Mail

bograt1 11:42 15 Jul 07

Hi,
Does anyone know how to uninstall google mail. I've searched the site and Internet but can't find up an answer. Maybe it's so obvious I've missed it. any help much appreciated. I'm running Vista with windows mail.

Sheik Yerbouti 14:17 15 Jul 07

Google mail is a web based service. You shouldn't have needed anything installed.

If you mean get rid of your google email account in windows mail, click 'tools menu' then choose 'accounts'...highlight the offending account and click remove.

bograt1 18:29 15 Jul 07

Thanks for the fast reply, but google mail is not listed in my windows mail account. The reason I want to lose it is because every time I click on a sites email response box google mail pops up instead. I then have to get the sites email address then go to windows mail to create a new message before I can send anything which is driving me nuts.

SANTOS7 18:41 15 Jul 07

If you decide that you don't need your Gmail account anymore, and you're sure you won't want your username in the future, you can simply close the account. Here's how:

1. Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
2. Open the Accounts tab.
3. Click Google Account settings.
4. Click Edit next to My services on the right side.
5. Click Delete Gmail Service.

Once you close your Gmail account, you can't reactivate it, and you won't be able to retrieve any messages.

bograt1 09:21 16 Jul 07

All done, many thanks.

Spark6 09:36 16 Jul 07

For reference!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced