uninstall a game

man of steel11 13:42 14 Jun 06

I have the sims double deluxe game,and wanted to take it off my little 40mb intenal hard drive and put it on my external hard drive.I tried to uninstal it using its own uninstal,and have tried the add/remove option in windows but no joy!I get the message......sorry theres not enough disk space free on, 209715200 bytes are required and only-1 bytes are free.Does any 1 have any suggestions how to fix this problem!Thx in advance.

wee eddie 14:36 14 Jun 06

Reinstall and then Uninstall using the Windows Uninstaller.

Woolwell 16:19 14 Jun 06

Others with more knowledge may well give more information but it could be a virtual memory problem and increasing it could solve your snag.

How much free space is there on your hard disc?
If not much try gaining more by doing a clean disc op.

A restart sometimes helps as remnants of another program can be using memory.

Try temporarily turning off your anti-virus.

What operating system? How much RAM?

man of steel11 17:23 14 Jun 06

thx guys...Wee eddie..it worked a treat,THX.Woolwell..am still new to all this pc lark..but with the people on here giving help..i am slowly getting there..thx again.My hard drive is only 40gb.internal..and the external is 80gb..so thats why i wanted to load it on the 80gb drive,the ram is 512..is that enough?I thought that with putting it on the external drive i could save space and just have the internal drive for windows..so it loads quicker.THX again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…