Uninstall Firefox v6 ?

Furkin 08:15 AM 22 Sep 11

Hi folks,

Desk-Top + Win-7:

I’m quite new to Firefox and installed it some months ago. A few days ago, I noticed that it wouldn’t load/open. Yesterday I decided to uninstall, & reinstall it. C.Panel > Programs & Features > uninstall.

The first thing I noticed is that the version here was v4.??, though I do recall updating to v6. As soon as I clicked on Uninstall, I get a Threat-fire message saying that I had a serious threat (I think) tv_au, which I removed immediately. If you need the exact name, can you tell me where to find T-Fire Log please ?

I uninstalled the version, & installed v6 from Mozilla site. Right from the beginning this version also won’t load/open,,,, but nor will it allow me to uninstall it.

Overnight I ran a full Threatfire, Security Essentials & Malwarebytes. They all came up clean.

I did a quick Google on this tv_au trojan last night & noticed that quite a few people seem to have got this when Un installing something or other, not always Firefox. I couldn’t find a ‘fix’ though.

1/ How do I uninstall this v6 ?

2/ I need to know why it won’t load/open on this machine ? It seems – at the moment – to run o.k on my laptop.

3/ Whilst not desperate, I would like to install a viable version.

Any ideas please ?

Furkin 08:32 AM 22 Sep 11

After doing a search on these pages, I installed the latest version again - over top of the existing one.

For the moment, it seems to be running properly.

I did notice that the icon of the irremovable version wasn’t that of the Mozilla fox, but more of a ‘file’ type thing, both in Programs and Uninstall Wizard.

I’d still like to know about the Trojan if anyone has the time to help.

Thanks for reading,,,,,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know