Uninstall explorer 7

raziel08 10:40 11 Feb 09

Hi i recently upgraded a friends internet explorer to 7 however as this computer is serveral years old it has slowed the opening of web pages down. How can i revert back to the other explorer.

P.s the laptop is a 1.8GHz intel (single core) and has about 256mb of ram. If it isn't possible to revert back to the previous version is there a good free browser which i can replace it with.

The person isn't computer illiterate and wouldn't be able to adapt easily to anything that doesn't resemble IE.

anskyber 11:13 11 Feb 09

Just uninstall in add/remove programs. It should roll back to IE6.

Google Chrome is very much like IE and worth a try.click here

rawprawn 11:15 11 Feb 09

What is the OS? You can download IE6
click here

T0SH 11:29 11 Feb 09

Goto add remove programs put a tick in "show updates" at the top then look for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 in the list and uninstall it to revert to to IE6

Cheers HC

raziel08 14:43 11 Feb 09

Thanls i will try that tonight. The Os is xp by the way.

raziel08 14:55 11 Feb 09

another note. I myself have ie 7 on my own computer and there are loads of security patches. If these are also on my friends laptop will i have to manually remove these so that i can uninstall ie7 ?

rawprawn 15:56 11 Feb 09

No, just uninstall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple