Uninstall everything?

Nauta1 19:00 22 Apr 03

Help! My computer is doing my head in! I can only play 1 game on my PC, Grand Prix Legends. All the rest I just get error messages , etc. Ive tried re-installing drivers, uninstalling then re-installing games. Total zero happening.
Is it possible to uninstall EVERYTHING and start with a "clean piece of canvas" as it were? Your help/advice would be much appreciated.

MAJ 19:15 22 Apr 03

Yes it is possible, Nauta1, it's called formatting the hard drive, or if you have a restore CD, you can use that to bring things back to how your computer was set-up when it left the factory. All that might be a bit drastic though, maybe one of our gamers can help with the individual problems and error messages you're getting.

hugh-265156 20:13 22 Apr 03

is this a new computer?if so and running xp get get all the updates from windows update install the latest drivers for the graphics card from the makers website.check for patches for your games and if the games still dont work you could always try compatability mode if your running xp may help with older games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…