Uninstall Drivers for Internal Dial Up Modem

micemews 15:39 02 Feb 06

How do I uninstall the drivers for my internal dial up modem, which at present I do not use because I am on broadband.

Also,(and sorry if this is a stupid question) after the drivers have been uninstalled would I have to physically remove the modem from inside the computer to prevent xp from installing drivers the next time the computer is swiched on.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:41 02 Feb 06

You have no need to and you can disable it it device manager If you do not disable it or remove it completely it will kep finding the drivers on boot. Personally I would physically remove.

G

micemews 15:53 02 Feb 06

Thanks GANDALF for your very prompt reply.

I will remove the modem, but I would first like to uninstall the drivers. How do I do this please.

PaulB2005 15:59 02 Feb 06

Look in Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs. However you don't need to remove the drivers. just the device.

Fingees 16:00 02 Feb 06

Why not just unplug it from the telephone line.

That will stop any rogue dialers etc.

All the best.

micemews 16:12 02 Feb 06

Thanks. I will uninstall the drivers as I have been receiving an error message about these when I turn off my computer and this is causing the computer to take 6 or 7 minutes. to shut down.

Fingees 18:42 02 Feb 06

Just in case drivers keep trying to reinstall, I suggest you go to control panel/system/hardware/device manager, and disable the modem rather than uninstall drivers.

that way you can always enable it if it is ever required.

Bye for now.

micemews 14:35 03 Feb 06

I think my priblem is now solved.Thanks very much to everyone for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…