Uninstall D Link adapter software manually

puma22 10:01 12 Jul 08

Hi,
I am having problems with my wireless adapter and think that an uninstall/reinstall might help. I can't uninstall from the windows utility, CC or the one that comes with the software. The uninstaller starts to run and then just vanishes off the screen.
System restore has stopped working and so I have had to reset this - now have it working again.
So, I thought that I should be able to get rid of this manually, but don't know how to do this. Can anyone walk me through this?

Cheers

wotbus@ 10:24 12 Jul 08

Try just re-installing the software. If it still doesn't work, un-install it the normal way. The fact that you are unable to un-install it normally indicates the program is corrupt, confirming the fact you are having problems with it. The re-install should correct things.

wotbus@ 10:27 12 Jul 08

PS: If that fails try this:
Remove the the wifi adaptor from the PC and re-boot.
Re fit the adaptor and reboot. Windows will find it and probably say "where is the software"?
Insert your software disc and just follow the instructions.
A little note. When installing software always try to disable your AV and it's common to have installation problems when it's running in the background.

puma22 10:31 12 Jul 08

Hi,
Tried this but it wont reinstall - I get the same issue with the install utility - it starts to run and then just shuts down.

Cheers

puma22 10:32 12 Jul 08

sorry, cross post, also tried the second suggestion of removing the adapter and rebooting. No luck here either

Taff™ 11:00 12 Jul 08

We have a dual posting in Networking click here

At this stage I suggest contacting D-Link Tech Support. 0845 612 0003 Open 10-2pm Saturday. They resolved an issue with this adapter for a mate of mine this week. They too had SP3 but it was a brand new adapter so likely to be version C.

ambra4 14:56 12 Jul 08

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…