Uninstall chrome?

robhawk 12:19 07 Dec 09

how do I remove Chrome? It seems impossible! I object to my computer being invaded by new software which I do not need. Worse I am finding it impossible to remove. Can someone help please?

Sea Urchin 12:42 07 Dec 09

I assume you must have opted to install Chrome originally. To uninstall it should work through Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista) as normal - but you must make sure it is not the default browser before removing.

If you cannot uninstall it then you can manually remove it as follows:

click here

ambra4 12:42 07 Dec 09

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use this program

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appears Do Not reboot click the NO button,

Revo will now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just

click the Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the

“Finish” button appear you can than reboot the computer

robhawk 13:39 07 Dec 09

Thank you ambra4 the Revo software worked a treat in spite of Chrome clinging on by its fingernails!

ambra4 14:12 07 Dec 09

Always glad to help,

Enjoy

ambra4 14:19 07 Dec 09

Don't Forget to tick the box and click resolved

rawprawn 14:24 07 Dec 09

Check that your html links are working in your email, I had a problem with them after uninstalling Chrome. Here is what worked for me

Restore registry settings in the User Profile
1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.

2. Locate the following subkey:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html

3. On the File menu, click Export.

4. In the Export Registry File dialog box, enter HKCU_Classes_HTML_Backup.reg and click Save.

Note: This will create a backup of this registry key in the My Documents folder by default.

5. Right click the (Default) value for the .html key and select Modify...

6. Change the value from "ChromeHTML" to "htmlfile"

Repeat steps 1-6 for .htm and .shtml keys if they exist, remember to change the name of your backup file for each export.

robhawk 14:46 07 Dec 09

rawprawn
Thank you too \i'll keep your footnote.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5