Uninstall Acronis True Image 7.0

Procrastinus 16:02 14 Dec 07

I have a copy of Acronis 7.0 (the free one) that has become corrupted and I no longer have the download file to reinstall, so I am thinking of uninstalling it. Has anyone had any problems with this, especially as the Windows XP boot files have been changed for the Acronis Secure Zone partition?

SB23 16:25 14 Dec 07

I was using the free version until it just stopped working.
It uninstalled ok but left me with a 10Gb partition, that I lived with until I needed to do a complete Xp reinstall, and reformat.

rawprawn 16:28 14 Dec 07

Remove the Acronis Secure Zone before you uninstall it.Then you should have no problem.

rawprawn 16:32 14 Dec 07

I am assuming that although corrupt, you can still "Manage Secure Zone"

Dipso 16:46 14 Dec 07

I have just checked and you can re-download the installation file from the Acronis site if you wish. In order to take up the free offer you had to register an account with Acronis so you should still be able to do this click here

David4637 20:00 14 Dec 07

Did you manage to download Acronis 7 from the Dipso link? David

David4637 20:15 14 Dec 07

I could not find Acronis 7 even after some searching? David

Dipso 00:42 15 Dec 07

Did you previously take up the offer of Acronis 7 for free?

Procrastinus 09:23 15 Dec 07

Hi Dipso and David 4637 - my old account is still with Acronis, but could not find the file for 7.0 to download. I originally got it on free offer, but was silly to delete the installation file ages ago. Thought I would never need it again!!
Thanks rawprawn, I will check management of Secure Zone but at present I am unable to update it, so in the end it will be practically useless. but If I have to uninstall, |I will follow your advice.

Dipso 13:03 15 Dec 07

Log in to My Account from the link I povided then under About My Account click on Registered products, click on the blue Acronis 7 banner and you get a box with the serial number of your version, the date you registered it and in the fourth box you see an option, "Download installation file, if you lost your copy of the program, 21.57Mb download."

Procrastinus 20:07 15 Dec 07

Many thanks and most appreciated.
All downloaded and NEVER to be deleted!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…