//some 3rd party need geo

Uninstall !

curlylad 11:07 02 Mar 04

I installed a game from CD onto my PC.
I no longer play this game so tried to remove it via add/remove programs but it doesn't seem to want to go.
I went into search , files/folders and put the name of the game in the 'a word or phrase in the title' and the 'all or part of the name' then searched and saw that I could delete all of the results but still can't remove it from add/remove programs.Is there an uninstall tool that anyone can suggest or a way of just purgeing it from my PC manually ?
Thanks in advance.

JIM 11:10 02 Mar 04

Try a reinstall of the software again and see if you have a bit more luck with the uninstall.

JIM 11:10 02 Mar 04

Try a reinstall of the software again and see if you have a bit more luck with the uninstall.

curlylad 11:15 02 Mar 04

Thought that might be the answer , problem is I don't have the CD with me any more , I gave it to a gamer chappy but if it's the only way then I will have to get it back but in the mean time is therte another way ?

curlylad 11:15 02 Mar 04

Thought that might be the answer , problem is I don't have the CD with me any more , I gave it to a gamer chappy but if it's the only way then I will have to get it back but in the mean time is therte another way ?

JIM 11:47 02 Mar 04

If you have got rid of all the files/folder from the poss C:\windows program files.then left with say the name in the add/remove programs list etc,you will need to go into the registry.What Win os are you using?

Be aware that modifying the registry improperly can cause issues with your computer.

Click Start, Run and type regedit.
Within the registry open the below key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

(using the + to open on the left side of the window.after OPENING the + uninstall,

select the program you wish to uninstall from the right side of the window highlight and delete)

JIM 11:47 02 Mar 04

If you have got rid of all the files/folder from the poss C:\windows program files.then left with say the name in the add/remove programs list etc,you will need to go into the registry.What Win os are you using?

Be aware that modifying the registry improperly can cause issues with your computer.

Click Start, Run and type regedit.
Within the registry open the below key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

(using the + to open on the left side of the window.after OPENING the + uninstall,

select the program you wish to uninstall from the right side of the window highlight and delete)

curlylad 11:50 02 Mar 04

Just to update and for any one else with a similar problem , I found an uninstall tool here
click here when page opens click 'go directly to tech tv' and follow 'download my uninstall' it got rid of the offending article it seconds , excellent little utility.

curlylad 11:50 02 Mar 04

Just to update and for any one else with a similar problem , I found an uninstall tool here
click here when page opens click 'go directly to tech tv' and follow 'download my uninstall' it got rid of the offending article it seconds , excellent little utility.

curlylad 11:52 02 Mar 04

Sorry , started typing this and hadn,t got your reply yet but I will keep your suggestion for future reference , thanks for that !

curlylad 11:52 02 Mar 04

Sorry , started typing this and hadn,t got your reply yet but I will keep your suggestion for future reference , thanks for that !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…