Uninstal \ Reinstal E11

osben 10:42 02 Mar 15

Hi

Using Windows 7 64bit

IE 11

I have an annoying hijacker called Omniboxes on my IE which changes my search engine from Google. I have tried everything to get rid of it but to no avail. I have decided to delete IE11 from my computer and re-install.

Before I do that, is it a straight forward procedure or what.

How do I uninstal

I do not see IE in the "Uninstall Program" window of "control panel and havig looked in the C; Programs file it does not seem to have an uninstal file.

I take it I can download IE to my desktop and then install it or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jollyjohn 10:58 02 Mar 15

In the Uninstal programs section of control panel, put a tick in the box "Show updates". Wait for the list to fill and then look for Internet Explorer. When you uninstall IE11 it will roll back to IE10 and remove the browser hijacker. Run your Antivirus software and Malwarebytes. Turn off system restore to delete restore points. Turn system restore back on and create a restore point. Browser hijackers can hide in restore points and come back.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:19 02 Mar 15

try ADWCleaner first

osben 19:14 02 Mar 15

Thank Jollyjohn Fruit Bat/0| I have already tried that but thanks for your input.

Since posting the thread and you both replying, I have found the answer but thanks again for you help.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced