Unidentified Network

glencoex1 14:46 30 Jun 12

Hi can anybody out there advise me on this unidentifed network issue I am having when I plug the pc into my router via ethernet cable.I can connect to the internet via wirelss.I've replaced the cable to rule out a possible faulty one, I plugged another pc into the router and it still comes back with unidentifed network. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Eric.

Nontek 14:53 30 Jun 12

If your PC is connected via Ethernet cable then it is not connecting by Wireless!

glencoex1 16:08 30 Jun 12

maybe I didnt explain myself properly

I disconnect wireless

I Plug in the ethernet cable, windows searches for a connection saying Identifying network. after searching it says Unidentified network, so I disconnect the ethernet and stick my wireless dongle back in and windows then identifies the wireless connection

Nontek 16:25 30 Jun 12

So, when Wireless via Dongle, the connection is identified.

when via Ethernet cable, connection is not identified.

Would seem to suggest that your Router is not setup properly, or, it is quite possible that you have a near neighbour whose network is being picked up when on the stronger signal provided by the Ethernet cable.

Check your Router setup.

rdave13 16:30 30 Jun 12

Have a look here, You Tube Might help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…