Uniblue SpyEraser finds Nyxem

breadwinner 15:13 02 Feb 08

A free scan with SpyEraser has found Nyxem & Imloader, but Spyware Doctor dosn't. neither does Spybot S+D or a-squared free. Is Spyeraser telling me porkies so I buy the product

mfletch 15:18 02 Feb 08

Hi,

You have done the right thing in using the free options to check for the problem?

If your computer is running ok I would not take SpyEraser too seriously,

mfletch

breadwinner 15:28 02 Feb 08

Thank you for your reply mfletch

breadwinner 17:35 02 Feb 08

Any other thoughts on this

mfletch 17:44 02 Feb 08

Hi,

I have found this,

imloader.exe is part of the Incredimail package

Nyxem click here

The 'Nyxem.e' is a mass-mailing worm that also tries to spread using remote shares.

Download and do a full scan with SAS Superantispyware

SAS FREE/
click here

mfletch

breadwinner 09:08 03 Feb 08

Thanks once again mfletch. I have tried the other programs and they tell me I'm clean. I have run about 6 anti=spyware apps throught it & they all find nothing
Thank you

Technotiger 09:38 03 Feb 08

Hi, have a read through this link - note that when this scan is run it frequently reports all 'clean',
so it is not just finding 'things' to make you pay for it! I have run the scan several times and have always got the Green-light - this to me, is confirmation that I am doing a good job of protecting my computer, as per the other regular members seen in my link .... in my partners' experience it has found nasties that other programs had missed.

click here

birdface 09:45 03 Feb 08

Another program that finds things others don't.Then wants you to pay.Now it would be interesting to see if this finds any problems.click here Imloader is now recommended as safe with A Squared and thats probably why it never picked it up.

birdface 09:48 03 Feb 08

Let us know how you get on with Prevx.It will probably find something different.

breadwinner 10:16 03 Feb 08

Thanks guy's.
Have run Prevx. It does not find any infection's

Technotiger 10:19 03 Feb 08

No infections - that is good!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…