Uniblue Registry Booster

logrin 15:39 21 Feb 11

I was persuaded to try the above program for free.

The resultant scan showed 244 faults, some marked serious.

I was then advised to buy the program to have these faults corrected.

My computer is operating OK, I recently had it cleaned up and had Xp reloaded, why so many faults.

Is it worthwhile buying the recommended program.

Lastly there seems no way of removing it from my system and it comes up every time I start the computer. logrin

Belatucadrus 15:56 21 Feb 11

Is it worth buying a registry booster, IMHO no they're usually guilty of making ludicrous claims for performance enhancement. Generally well regarded here is the registry cleaner component of CCleaner click here safe to use free and does the job.
To get rid of the Uniblue trial you could try either Revo click here or Iobit click here uninstallers .

gengiscant 16:30 21 Feb 11

Avoid Uniblue registry booster, it really can cause a lot of problems. Take the above advise and use CCleaner if you feel that you really need to use something.

birdface 18:18 21 Feb 11

Have to agree with gengiscant Avoid it.

birdface 18:24 21 Feb 11

Try msconfig and if on the start up on that untick it.
Can you not remove it from add-remove.
If not download and run Revo Uninstaller that should remove it.
If you have to use anything C Cleaner is the most popular of the free versions.

gazzaho 19:31 21 Feb 11

I have to agree with above, Uniblue caused me a complete headache, resulting in a re-install of Windows a few years ago.

I rarely use registry cleaners and the only one I would use is Cleaner's.

There are arguments for and against the use of them, in my experience more damage is risked using them than gains. If you really must use one then I would recommend using a disk imaging program like Acronis True Image before the registry clean, that way if things go seriously wrong you won't have to totally re-install windows.

woodchip 20:31 21 Feb 11

I only use Cleanup and free click here

Snrub 21:56 21 Feb 11

I use Ccleaner and iobit Advanced System Care Pro.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…