Unhide hidden folder

cagey 10:44 18 Nov 09

I "accidentally" hid a folder by ticking the "Hidden" box in the properties/attributes. This hid the folder completely, how can I restore it?

bremner 10:58 18 Nov 09

In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder options and view. Click in "Show hidden files and folders" OK it

Navigate to the file you want, go to its properties and remeove the tick from the 'hidden' box.

cagey 16:48 18 Nov 09

bremner Thanks for reply, but I should have said that I am using Win 7 OS and can't see Tools in the tool bar, it only shows Organize,Include in library,Share with,Burn and New folder.
More help please?

Sea Urchin 17:14 18 Nov 09

I don't use Win7 yet - but hopefully this will guide you to the folder options

click here

cagey 17:33 18 Nov 09

Sea Urchin Thanks for info, it works fine. But I have since discovered that going into Windows Explorer>Organize>Folder search options does the same. Thanks everyone for quick replies. I'll tick this one as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…