Unformatting

Ratler 20:39 20 Dec 04

Don't laugh! I formatted a Partition and lost over a thousand family picures.
I used Part.Magic 4 and am running Win98se, the partition has not been accessed since and there are other partitions available.

For the sake of family peace, how do I get them back?

Thankyou....Ratler.

mattyc_92 20:50 20 Dec 04

There ARE programs that allow you to recover a partition or an entire hard-disk from the sectors that are left over. This is what the police use to see if ANY illegal files were on a computer at one time!!!!

I don't know of a software title that does this... SOOOOO do a google search on it!!!!

Also consider using programs like NORTON GHOST or ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 8.0 to "backup" your system onto an external drive/other partition in case of you doing something like this again!!!

beeuuem 21:00 20 Dec 04

You could try click here

VoG II 21:02 20 Dec 04

click here

Run from a different disk; e.g. a floppy.

VoG II 21:03 20 Dec 04
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:31 20 Dec 04

File recovery :-
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here

Ratler 12:01 21 Dec 04

Thank you VoG™ and Fruit Bat /\0/\ for your trouble and interest.
One small point bothers me; does formatting effect a file (jpeg) in the same way as deleting?

Regards --- Ratler.

Ratler 12:14 21 Dec 04

Thanks beeuuem for the links but whether I click on your link or copy and paste it into an address bar it is unsuccessful.. Regards --- Ratler.

Dudey 13:20 21 Dec 04

Download penguin slueth and copy it to a bootable CD rom. This will also give you access to the USB ports and you can then copy items to a pen drive!!!!!!!

Dudey 13:22 21 Dec 04

Just to add - Penguin Slueth runs on Knoppix and all you need to do is set your bios to boot from CD rom!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…