The Unfixable PC

Chitterz 19:34 26 Feb 14

Hello, I have a customly built pc which I mostly use for gaming. I received the PC already built and do not know extravagant knowledge on computers, so hopefully someone may be able to help me. I finally just reformatted everything, wiped the hard drives, re installed my CD copy of windows entered the activation key. Installed all my drivers and thought all was well.

About a week later I have an issue with some of my internal programs. Everything works except things related to microsoft.

For example: This started off with me trying to open "Microsoft Security Essentials", it told me that there was an error so I went to the reinstaller thinking it was just a MSE problem. The installer file is in my DOWNLOADS and when i click on it, it tells me it cannot find the file in my downloads...

Then i tried to troubleshoot myself by going around into my services.msc... that cannot be found either. (Including all my administrative tools.)

I don't know what to do. This is the 4th time I've had to fix this PC. I brought it to the computer shop once and they just made me replace a hardrive and took my $$$

((P.S. I don't know if this would of affected anything but the last person on my PC said they saw a blue screen , not the blue screen of death, so Im guessing it could of been my bios screen and they may have reset my bios, i unfortunately don't know what this means or if it ruined my pc. sorry for the lack of knowledge :()) Thanks!

lotvic 20:24 26 Feb 14

Perhaps the free Windows Reinstall Guides on click here will help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5