The Unfixable PC

Chitterz 19:34 26 Feb 14

Hello, I have a customly built pc which I mostly use for gaming. I received the PC already built and do not know extravagant knowledge on computers, so hopefully someone may be able to help me. I finally just reformatted everything, wiped the hard drives, re installed my CD copy of windows entered the activation key. Installed all my drivers and thought all was well.

About a week later I have an issue with some of my internal programs. Everything works except things related to microsoft.

For example: This started off with me trying to open "Microsoft Security Essentials", it told me that there was an error so I went to the reinstaller thinking it was just a MSE problem. The installer file is in my DOWNLOADS and when i click on it, it tells me it cannot find the file in my downloads...

Then i tried to troubleshoot myself by going around into my services.msc... that cannot be found either. (Including all my administrative tools.)

I don't know what to do. This is the 4th time I've had to fix this PC. I brought it to the computer shop once and they just made me replace a hardrive and took my $$$

((P.S. I don't know if this would of affected anything but the last person on my PC said they saw a blue screen , not the blue screen of death, so Im guessing it could of been my bios screen and they may have reset my bios, i unfortunately don't know what this means or if it ruined my pc. sorry for the lack of knowledge :()) Thanks!

lotvic 20:24 26 Feb 14

Perhaps the free Windows Reinstall Guides on click here will help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…