Unexplained entry in "Message Rules"

Meshuga 18:31 31 Jan 03

Can anyone please explain how the following could have happened. I recently found thatemails from a certain party were not reaching me. I subsequently found, purely by chance,that there was an entry in the "Message Rules" box that said
that all messages that contained that partys email address in the "FROM" were to be deleted.
Up to that time I had no idea what Message Rules
was and had never accessed it so I had not put the message in nor had I ticked the enable box.
I had already had 4 emails from this person without trouble so this must have happened after the previous email.I only found out about the messages after my Firewall log showed numerous
incoming attempts from this person, all on the same date. I have now deleted everything from
the Message Rules box . I am running Windows 98
and Incredimail or OE for mail both of which have been in use for a very long time and has not happened before. Regards, Meshuga.

Wak 19:52 31 Jan 03

Hi Meshuga, I would suggest that while you have been using Outlook Express, you have highlighted this particular sender and then accidentally clicked the Message tab at the top and then clicked the "block sender" in the drop-down menu. All future messages from him will then have been blocked.
To release it, go to tools/ Message Rules/ Blocked Sender List/ Blocked Sender tab and then click the Remove button.

Wak 19:55 31 Jan 03

I would also suggest that it is quite safe to replace the message rules which you earlier deleted as these shouldn't interfer with the blocked sender list.

Meshuga 20:12 31 Jan 03

Many thanks Wak for your response. Meshuga.

Wak 20:40 31 Jan 03

Hope you've got it sorted OK, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac