//some 3rd party need geo

Unexpected Rebootings:

Alan Ryan 13:31 29 Apr 04

My system will sometimes just spontaneously reboot for no apparent reason. It seems to happen randomly and not after anything noticeable has occurred. Any advice, please, on what might be the cause and how to fix it ?
I'm running Windows XP (Home) with all the recent patches and updates in place. Thanks.

Eric10 13:41 29 Apr 04

Right-click 'My Computer' and choose 'Properties'. On the Advanced tab click the 'Settings' button in the Startup and Recovery area then untick 'Automatically Restart' in the System failure area. Now you may get an error message instead of a restart when the problem occurs that could help to pinpoint the culprit.

Alan Ryan 14:00 29 Apr 04

Had to follow a slightly different route to the one your suggested: Went into Device Manager, Advanced Tab, then Start & Recovery Settings, and unchecked Auto Restart.
Thanks for your advice - I don't know how long I'll have to wait to pinpoint he culprit because the rebootings seem to be random.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…