Unexpected Error: Quitting.

Ancient Learner 16:47 23 Apr 06

I have 2 Accounts on my PC. An Administrator and a Limited one.

When the Limited one is opened, in the middle of the screen, is a box containing the above message, and then a button "OK", Pressing "OK" clears the square and the message away, and as far as I can tell, everything continues to work alright.

This does not appear when I open the Administrator one.

The person with the Limited Account is gently grumbling! Is there anything I can do about it. It has only recently started doing this. I've tried a System Restore, but that makes no difference, although it was a fairly recent one, and I don't particularly want to use an earlier one, because of all the updates I would have to organise again.

Does it matter - is it important - what is it about?

Anyone any ideas?

remind 16:52 23 Apr 06

Check what is starting with Windows - if a program that `expects` administrator privileges can't access or write to a certain folder or registry key using a Limited account it may explain the error. click here
You could try temporarily changing that account to an Administrator account just to see if the error still appears.

Ancient Learner 17:26 23 Apr 06

I tried changing that account to an Administrator one. The message no longer appeared. So I reset the the account to Limited, and guess what - on rechecking, this account no longer displays the message.
Windows is a mysterious thingy!

I wonder if it will resurface later.

I'll report here if it does.

Ancient Learner 17:27 23 Apr 06

Sorry! That was discourteous of me. Thank you for your reply and suggestion.

remind 17:32 23 Apr 06

No problem, glad to help. If only all computer glitches were solved so simply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…