unerase erased files

silliw 19:20 07 Oct 04

yesterday I copied a whole cd full of photos to a cd and dumped and erased the files through the recycle bin. Tonight, I am unable to read the cd (which worked fine yesterday) and have now lost nearly two years of digital photos.

Is there a way that I can recover the erased files that I dumped from the recycle bin yesterday. I have not use the PC since copying to the cd yesterday.

thanks in advance.

Dorsai 19:27 07 Oct 04

Not using the PC is a good place to start. I guess it is stull turned off, and you are posting froma nother PC?

If so, wait. till the answer arrives. I suggest!

Dorsai 19:30 07 Oct 04

There are many un-erase type programs, some for HDD's and some for CD's..

I will let other make suggestions, as to which might best suit you, as this is not an area in which i have knowledge...

Hope you get it all back.

Bapou 19:30 07 Oct 04

There are recovery programs available at a price such as click here

Before buying, try cleaning the CD, with a soft cloth firmly clean from the centre outwards. The CD may just have picked up a speck of dust.

rawprawn 19:34 07 Oct 04

This is the best free one I know, at least you can try for nothing, but I have had a great deal of success with it. Good luck.click here

Graham ® 19:37 07 Oct 04

It's important not to download or anything similar on the PC, or the data may be overwritten. Similar thread and suggestions:

click here

Graham ® 19:38 07 Oct 04

They're not still in the recycle bin?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:40 07 Oct 04

File recovery :-
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Floppy recovery click here
From cfc msticks smartmedia etc.
Smart recovery click here
zero assumption click here

Pamy 19:55 07 Oct 04

noted

Pamy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…