Understanding Win 3.1

roygbiv 11:39 10 Mar 03

My nephew has a (very old ) computer, on which he plays games and homework.
It is now playing up and he has asked me to “have a look at it”. As I am only used to win 98 and XP I need some help to use WIN3.1 before I can do any thing with the machine. I was hoping someone could help me out by telling me how to use 3.1 or tell me a site I can go to get help?. Also what computer it is ??
The computer is: IBM 325T windows 3.1
PS valuepoint model C40
Type 6384

Lozzy 11:53 10 Mar 03

What is the issue?? Use google and type in win 3.1 and search there are many web sites on 3.1 but not knowing your issue its difficult to suggest one..

Belatucadrus 11:56 10 Mar 03

click here for a link to some useful Acrobat downloads. Best of luck.

click here if you feel the need to buy a users manual.

Pesala 11:58 10 Mar 03

who know about Windows 3.1 and even DOS programs, but the grey cells are getting a bit greyer.

I would suggest you just do a clean reinstall of Windows 3.1 and all the progarms and games - you do have the installation disks I hope? The computer name doesn't mean anything to me. Probably more useful to know how much RAM, cpu type and speed, and hard drive capacity.

roygbiv 12:38 10 Mar 03

Sorry for not being clear. I want to know how to use Win 3.1, so i can sort out any problem that he has. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…