Undelivered e,mails that I have not sent

Sharpamatt 08:17 09 Mar 03

Can anyone advise, I have just had a flood of undilivered e.mails. the addresses are all from my address book, but not sent by me.

The reasons stated for rejection is that the recipentants system rejected them because of possable virus.

Whilst I realise many hackers do not bother with home computers their are many would bes who do.

I am on 56K not broadband, and have firewalls active so can only presume access is via a downloaded program.I am useing home XP

I have reformated and reloaded, but whant to know more
Any advice

MAJ 08:20 09 Mar 03

You or someone with your email address in their address book has a virus. Do a virus scan, then email yout friends and get them to do one.

powerless 08:23 09 Mar 03

Get yourself a good virus scanner and install and update and run say once a week. You probably were infected with a virus, the virus sent itself in the emails. That is why it was rejected...You were infected :-(

click here for a free online check.

click here for a free virus scanner.

click here and click here

Any one will do there all. Just install them. Update them (thats importnat) scan say once a week. Then you'll be safe.

Sharpamatt 09:08 09 Mar 03

Thanks for replys, but still do not answer question as to how my address book was obtained, as I did not sent these e.mails,

Simon_P 09:14 09 Mar 03

Some viruses will send themselves to everyone in your addy book.

If you do as the other posts sugest then this should not happen again

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:21 09 Mar 03

Fairly certain that you have the Klez virus.....click here to get rid of it. Your address book was not obtained but used by the virus...no-one accessed your machine.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…